Jeremy and I were driving home discussing out plans for the rest of the afternoon. Kylee and I were going to get our haircut at our neighbors house but Kylee needed her hair washed first to get the honey out, but we only had a few minutes before our appointment. So I asked Jeremy, "ICould you throw Kylee in the tub real quick when we get home and wash her hair while I finish up my assignment?" We then continued our conversation talking about a few other things. In the background I could hear Kylee chyming in trying to get my attention. After the fifth "mom!" I finally turned to her and asked what she needed.
Very matter of factly she asked me, "I heard you say that you were going to throw me into the tub. Is dad going to throw me?"
We both started laughing and then I tried to explain what a euphemism was to a four year old. English is kind of a confusing language if you really think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment