Friday, October 16, 2015

Soap-paste

Kylee loves toothpaste.  A little too much. I sent her into the bathroom that is right off the kitchen and told her to wash her face.  A few minutes later the water was still not on, so I peeked around the corner and saw her holding the toothpaste in one hand, and sucking on the finger of her other one.  I walked into the bathroom to check it out... This was our conversation:

Shannon: Kylee, are you eating toothpaste?
Kylee: No
Shannon: Then what are you doing with the toothpaste?
Kylee: I'm just holding it (quickly, as she put it back down on the counter and smiled at me sweetly).
Shannon: (Leaning over to smell her breath) Then why does your breath smell like toothpaste? 
Kylee: (Thinking for a moment) Because I ate some soap.
Shannon: So your breath smells like toothpaste because you ate soap; and it has nothing to do with the fact that you were holding the toothpaste and sucking on your finger?
Kylee: (Smiling) Nope
Shannon: Is that your answer? Are you going to stick with that.
Kylee: Yep




No comments:

Post a Comment